Cashew Cream Parfait with Almond Crumble
Raw organic nuts are an ideal healthy snack. Most nuts provide a healthy nutritional profile of healthy fats, protein, fiber and low amounts of carbohydrates.I prefer organic and raw nuts to avoid the aflatoxin, a type of mold commonly found in conventional nuts and grains.You can easily turn this parfait into a healthy breakfast by adding more fruit and taking out the sweetener. (gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free)
1 cup Organic Traditions Raw Almonds
2 tbsp Organic Traditions Hazelnut Butter
1.5 tsp Organic Traditions Coconut Palm Sugar (optional)
1 cup Organic Traditions raw cashews
1.5 cup filtered water
1 tsp maple syrup/vanilla extract or 1 soaked medjool date
2 tbsp Organic Traditions Golden Berries
Fruits of choice: blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi
1) Soak the cashews and golden berries for 1-2 hours until soft
2) Pulse the almonds in a food processor.
3) Add the hazelnut butter and coconut palm sugar and mix thoroughly.
4) Transfer into your dish and press firmly and set aside.
5) Add cashews, water and sweetner of choice to a high speed blender and blend until creamy. Add more water for a lighter consistency.
6) Layer the cashew cream on top of the almond base and top with the toppings.
Recipe by Denise Tam, Holistic Nutritionist